Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pretty Necklaces of Fibers

I saw "fiber necklaces" on Etsy that caught my eye they were so pretty. However they were kind of expensive, so I'm thinking I COULD MAKE THAT MYSELF. Here's what I made out of my stash of ribbons, fibers, and jewelry stuff: I hope you like them...I sure do! Oh and sorry about the poor photography. I took these today on a very rare sunny day; however it cast shadows through the windows.


Two different necklaces

Here's a shot of the one on the left. It has several ribbons, rainbow fun yarn woven other textured yarns, and a whole string of pretty beads and baubles, secured with copper wire (no glue) onto silver ends and a twistee clasp.

Necklace 1 - 22"
  Here's a shot of the necklace on the right, the longer one. It was made from a flowered ribbon, various silk ribbons, textured yarns woven together and with large silver beads every 3 - 4 inches. It also is secured with copper wire, silver end caps and a silver toggle clasp.

Necklace 2 - 26"
  This last picture shows the cool pendant on the second necklace. It is a silver moibus band (not sure of the spelling but I know what it is: a surface that continues endlessly) that has an inspiring engraving on it which says "May you always have walls for the wind, a roof for the rain, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you, and all your heart might desire."

Necklace 2 - detail of pendant


2 comments:

  1. WOW - those are pretty!

    !gasp.
    I would wear that every day!!

    ~Monika in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH these are so pretty. I was thinking the other day that those leaf bowls you make - well, you could make brooches (pins) out of that same stuff in the shape of leaves. They would be so cute!

    ReplyDelete