Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Commissioned Landscape

This piece was commissioned by a local connection, after being invited to my arts & crafts show (a bust), but couldn't make it. She loved my work...said the forest ones reminded her of her deceased Dad and the pansy watercolor reminded her of her deceased Mom. So I made her one that combined the best of both and added elements of their lives, like the fly fisherman and deer hunter in her Dad. Here's the entire piece,  which measures about 24" x 36":




She loved the piece, esp. the details and it is hanging in a place of honor over her fireplace. She was so touched at the rememberences of her parents that she cried (and paid happily I might add). Here's some of the detail:








2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    it is just wonderful!
    Trillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just found you thru CPS. I like these landscapes and the firefighters quilt! wonderful!

    ReplyDelete