Sunday, December 5, 2010

My First Arts & Crafts Show

Yesterday I exhibited my fiber art and extra purses at a Holiday Bazaar arts & crafts show here in Rochester. Overall it was disappointing because I sold only one piece. But the woman that bought "Joyful Ribbon Tree" just fell in love with it...it spoke to her and she told me "this is my mother who died recently; I love this and will hang it over my bed. I will be keeping it in my family forever". Now that is what art is all about! Even though I only sold that one piece, which wasn't even that good in my mind, it really made a difference to someone's life -- how fabulous! I also got a lot of great praise and positive critique, because I asked for it when people were browsing. So who knows? Maybe someone who took my card will commission a piece. Bottom line is I just covered my entrance fee, but no profits. I will be careful where I spend my time and energy. My art was just too high end for a crafty fair where the other vendors were like Pampered Chef, Cookie Lee, and other manufactured things only represented by people.

Here's my small booth:


Me displaying my art 12/4/10


My banner at the craft show


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your show..... your work is just wonderful..... love the colors, they are so fun and alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Look at this show as a learning experience .... there will be many more shows in your new career!

    ReplyDelete