Sunday, December 19, 2010

I can't believe it

The shunt in my head has been malfunctioning for about two weeks now; I am in so much pain that everything is either hazy or blanked out in my mind. For the first time in two years, I have lost my creative drive. I can't believe I got anything done...somehow I accomplished the following few things:

Embroidered snowflakes sewn on Solvy, stiffened with Golden Medium Matte, spray painted with a glittery paint, and hung on my Christmas Tree:







Art cloth for a round robin group I am in (Complex Cloth yahoo group). The first person did the initial gray/green dye. I did a bleach discharge using a swirly stamp. Then I stamped all the discharge spots with the same swirly stamp in every shade of green I had in my textile paint stash. And on it goes to the next person:



For another Yahoo group (I can't remember which one, but I have until mid-Jan to find out) we are swapping needlefelted ATCs. I used several colors of muted wool roving and needlefelted by machine. Then I bobbin-stitched the swirls with a thick, glittery black thread. On top is the best part: three hand-dyed, pleated strips of silk made into flowers. Oh and a cloisonne bead in the center. I hope the recipient likes it!



Now I have to start preparing for a big Christmas Eve celebration at my house. The biggest and worst part: putting away all of my fiber art supplies that are spread out all over the house wherever there is room. Happy Holidays to all!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, my love. The creative spark will return....

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless you! It will come back just do push so hard.

    ReplyDelete