Monday, November 15, 2010

A Little Humor

True Story:  I do a lot of my beading work sitting on the daybed in my guest bedroom / sewing room / studio. You know how they get everywhere. About 2 weeks ago a container of the tiny 11mm beads practically exploded when I opened it. I tried to clean up as best as I could.

Don't you know, last weekend my son came home for a quick, unannounced visit from the Army. When he comes home I usually take a whole day to clean up my studio for him, but no time this time. The next day he says to me, "Mom I think you need to wash those sheets. I had the heebie-jeebies all night, thinking something was in there with me. You probably have bed bugs or something." I just said, "Hrmmm, I'll take care of it". After he left that day I took the covers and sheets off and lo-and-behold all of these beads flew out. I thought I got them off the quilt, but apparently some made their way into the sheets. It makes me chuckle just to think about it.

Here's a shot of my three "boys" (they'll always be my boys, even if the older two are grown up) and my hubby. The Army son referred to is on the right.



My YOUNG men
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A relative sent me a link to this cool site with old, new, funny, editorial, and lots of other comics on it; check it out at http://www.gocomics.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment